Born and raised in Memphis, I graduated cum laude from Memphis State University (now the University of Memphis) in 1975 with a BA. Following graduation, I attended graduate school at MSU and was a graduate assistant until the spring of 1977. In the fall of 1977, I was a graduate assistant at Ole Miss.
I moved to Los Angeles in the fall of 1989 and took a position at Music Awareness Promotions where I coordinated travel packages for record companies and radio stations – working with our travel agent, Pat Walker. We booked travel for groups and individuals in conjunction with promotions, sending people to events like the SuperBowl, concert tour opening nights, award shows and the like. In 1993/94, Music Awareness Promotions was sold and became MAP Marketing and Incentives. Our focus shifted to fulfilling travel for incentive groups and promotions for Turner Broadcasting, Westwood One Radio Network, Kraft, Coca Cola and the like. After a brief Sabre course in Dallas, I took over booking travel for the programs I fulfilled. Meanwhile, Pat Walker went on to build her career as an independent agent.
In 2006, Pat Walker opened Pat Walker Travel and extended an invitation for me to join her team. About six months later I became an independent agent specializing in entertainment and high end leisure. I am proud to be working with Pat Walker Travel and her team.
1) Greek Theater (LA)- Bryan Ferry
2) Hollywood Bowl– Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers and James Taylor
3) The Troubadour (WeHo)- North Mississippi Allstars and Low Cut Connie
4) The Teragram Ballroom (LA)- Tank and the Bangas/Ian Hunter
Tie for #5
5) The Theater at The Ace Hotel (DTLA)- Wilco and Jeff Tweedy (solo)
5) The Fonda Theater (Hollywood Hills)- The Rolling Stones